**UPDATE** Contest prize is a $25 Amazon Gift Card! (Does that make you want to think of a suggestion??)
Recently on my many adventures and interactions on Twitter, I came across an individual who alerted me to something that has been on the back burner of my mind for a week or so. Basically it was brought to my attention that the name of my blog, Antibio.tech, might give people the idea that my blog’s content focuses on defacing the biotech world – which is far from the truth.
Back in late September when I was racking my brain to come up with a name for my blog, I settled on this one thinking that it was kind of clever (antibiotic + tech), encompassing a solution for an ailment and the ‘tech’ as a twist to show the focus on technology. But alas, 5 months later, it seems that I will go ahead and think of another name. The last thing I want people to think when they see the name of my blog is that it is against the biotech field.
So with that said, I’m planning to hold a contest to find the new name of my blog! That’s right folks, harnessing the power of the social web, I’m going to try to find a user friendly name for my blog that focuses on the intersection of health/well-being and technology (personal tech and social media).
What I need you to do:
- Think about some good names for the blog that would make YOU want to come over here
- Place the suggestions in the comments on this post
- Let others know who may be interested in staying healthy in the digital age
After I guess a week or so, I’ll gather together the suggestions and then create a Top 3 list of the suggestions that I like and will put them in a survey for folks to vote on. Trying not to make this too deep or complicated, just want to find something good that I can stick with.
A few things to help – I am aiming for the blog to:
- Point out new and effective technologies that can help in living a healthier life
- Expand upon my thoughts on the social media world and how the new digital age/social web era affects the quality of our lives
- Highlight health news items that may affect your day to day life
- Create a community of people who are invested in their quality of life, for the rest of their life
- Have fun while informing!
Okie dokie, thanks in advance for your participation and I will be coming up with some sort of reward to the chosen name!